There are millions of Smartphone users and millions of mobile applications catering to numerous everyday requirements. Building an innovative mobile application is a critical part, after which another important part that follows is to be able to market it. Simply focusing on one of them will not provide the required outputs. Planning to market the mobile app must start before the actual app development begins. This will allow you to study the market well and incorporate all necessary features while building the app so that it addresses the pain points of the market.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you market your mobile application effectively.
- Pre-Launch – It is an important step, to begin with. During pre-launch, one must focus on creating brand awareness and visibility amidst the users. Some easy ways to do that are:
- Conduct thorough market research to understand your customers
- Determine a release date and stick to it
- Define brand messaging
- Create a brand style guide
- Build a PR list and begin the PR outreach, which includes creating press releases, hosting launch parties, interviewing in local newspapers, guest blogging, etc.
- Create a website or landing page
- Set Goals – The main intention of marketing the mobile application is to generate revenues. For that, set a target of increasing your app store ratings regularly. You will also need to take care of factors like engagement, conversion, and retention of the users. Maintaining these factors over the long run is an ongoing process.
- Do not Over-do – One of the things to take care while marketing is to not over-promise anything. Since word of mouth is a strong marketing strategy, it is important that you take care of what you say, while publicizing your mobile app. Make sure that your PR messages are consistent and are not exaggerating.
- Website – Having a website to market your app definitely helps. It gives a platform to the users where they can get regular updates and post-launch services.
- Social Media Presence – Publicizing your mobile app through social media is the easiest way of reaching to a large audience. Organic promotion on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter is an effective method of focusing on the target audience. The key is to do this in a meaningful manner without spamming people.
Some more ways of marketing your mobile app include, paid marketing techniques like celebrity endorsements, search ads, app store optimization, In-store advertising, and so on. The number of ways for promotion is unlimited. You need to find out what works best for your app. Choosing the right way to market your app is to understand what it is that your app is offering to the users, how can your app benefit the market, and who is your target audience. Always remember, the quality of app users is what matters more than the quantity. Purosys is a mobile app development company. We work with you to understand your business needs and help you develop a mobile app in the most creative way possible. To know more about our solutions and services, visit www.purosys.com